Immigration and Same Sex Domestic Violence

If you have applied for residency in Australia on the basis of your relationship and you are experiencing domestic violence, the domestic violence provisions of Australia’s immigration laws may apply to you. These provisions may enable you to leave the violent relationship and still be eligible to apply for permanent residency. If this applies to you, you should seek legal advice.

For more information call the Immigration Advice and Rights Service (02 9281 8355) or the Gay and lesbian Immigration Task Force (02 9283 4031) on Monday evenings between 7:45pm and 9pm.